Monday, December 22, 2008

Pre-Christmas

I was looking at our post today and realized that it has been a long time since we have made any post. It has been an interesting last couple of weeks. We have both been very busy with work and Christmas stuff. I have also been very busy with fire and ambulance stuff. I started my ambulance FTO the end of November and finally got it done this past week. And, not to brag, but I was also promoted to captain and received the EMT of the Year award for 2008 at our fire Christmas party. Being a captain has kept me very busy so far. We traveled down to Salt Lake to have a early Christmas and dinner with Meg's parents and brother and his wife this past weekend. I was on shift on Saturday morning and Megan had to work. Just before my shift ended, I got a surprise phone call from my friend Dallas. He and his wife Jessica lived in the same apartment complex when we lived in Cedar City. They moved to Washington state after graduation. Dallas told me he was visiting his sister in Logan, so we got together for lunch. It was great to see them again, even if it was just a short amount of time. Unfortunately, we were only able to visit with them for a couple of hours and then we had to head to Salt Lake. We left in a pretty bad snowstorm. It took us forever to get over the canyon, only to come out in Brigham City and see lights from backed up cars stretched all the way to the freeway. The freeway was shut down from Brigham City to almost Ogden. We had to go down Highway 89. The traffic going northbound on the highway were backed up the entire way. The roads were still really bad so it was slow going. We got about halfway and looked over to see that they had reopened the freeway. We found out later that there was a really bad accident on the freeway with about 31 cars involved. We finally got to Salt Lake and had a great time with Megan's family. We exchanged presents and had a great dinner that Maggie had prepared. Megan got a new, very nice camera from her parents. She is very excited about it and has been playing with it ever since she got it home. I got Simpsons Season 8 to add to my collection and a new 19" TV that is perfect for the bedroom. As a parting note, on Friday morning I went to a fatal crash north of Smithfield. The man had four kids and was in my parents ward. Please be careful out there this holiday season. It wasn't his fault and there probably was not anything he could have done about it, but please be careful. Just remember that getting there is better than getting there fast. Also remember all the people that would miss you if you were gone. Merry Christmas everyone. Enjoy your holidays.

3 comments:

Royal Princess Academy said...

WOW- Congrats Mr. Fire Captain- and it sounds like you guys had a busy weekend!!! I hope you have a very merry Christmas!! And AMEN to being careful out there......

Autumn said...

Congratulations on your promostion... that's awesome!! I'm glad you guys are safe and you had a wondeful time with Megan's family. I love and miss you guys!!

Jess said...

It was SO great to see you guys! Thanks for taking care of me, I feel A LOT better :)Miss you already :(